Saturday 8 July 2017

Cyborg Sue

08/07/17

Hi all

Well I haven't got round to doing my vlog yet, but I will I have been really busy trying to get my tea business up and running.

What's happened so far:

1) contacted PACE saying I wanted to go ahead with Ossio Intergration, they gave me the name of the German Dr Hoist.

2) I emailed Hoist introducing myself and he's been very friendly and requested x-rays and pictures of my stumpy.  Luckily I had, had xrays done recently due to my neuromas so made an appointment with my plastic surgeon to get them.

3) 2 weeks later got in to see Mr Dewar whilst in the meeting he emailed me xrays and MRI scans to my home. (this was a pre booked post op review anyway.) these are the xrays I posted in my last blog.

4) got home took pictures of my stumpy and compressed and sent everything to Dr Hoist, he was happy replied the next day that I did not need the 'thinning down tissue procedure' that would take the operation over 2yrs. That I was an ideal candidate and the whole thing would be sorted in 6 weeks!

I was totally shocked at this news and this made me re think things. If I went ahead then if all went well by the end of this year I would have a new leg and be socket free!

So I went and had a good long think weighed up the pros and cons and thought fook it go for it!

So I've booked a consultation with Dr Hoist in Germany on Thursday 13th June. ARGH!!!

Cost so far:

Train to Manchester Airport - Open return with disability pass £17.75
flight to Hanover - £303  (this is flights for me and my dad out on 12th return 13th expidia)
Taxi to hospital from airport £? will fill in on return
overnight stay in hotel £76  (IBIS medical park - near hosp app)
Taxi from Huddersfield rail station to home £will fill in on return

Will make a list of questions to ask and let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment