Sunday 30 April 2017

5 Years on!!!!



30/04/17

Hi all

Well it's five years! I remember watching a youtube clip of an indian man who had lost his leg and was walking down the street with his friends with out a stick. It had taken him 5 yrs to get to that point and I was determined that would also be my target years.

Since my accident I have been making a list and I will continue to add to it.
It sounds morbid to start off with but hear me out. It's a list of all the good things I have experienced after my accident date. If I had a died that day I wouldn't have been here to do/see/ experience them.
So whenever I am down or when I get to another year. I look at the list and it inspires me to go on living making that list longer


Held the keys to my very own bungalow.
Bought gothic furniture for the house
Learnt how to cross stitch complicated patterns
Road on a mobility scooter for first time.
Watched lots of movies at pictures with sister
Went to London
Saw the natural history museum
Got one quarter way up Ben Nevis
Flew in a plane
visited Edinburgh
Tried an avocado for the first time
hosted a roleplay game at my home
cooked Christmas dinner in new home for family
held a newt in my hands
Was a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding
flew to America
went to Disneyland
got to hug Big hero 6
went to universal studios
sang singing In the rain down fake broadway with my dad whilst others ran for cover.
discovered frapachinos - became slightly addicted.
retired my mum, made her cry in a good way.
went to Whitby goth weekend and bought a hat that actually suits me
joined roleplay again made new friends
went to nationals for first time in 10 yrs and came first place in my category.
Experienced liposuction...ouch..
Stayed in a hotel by myself for the first time.
Lost stone & half weight
Watched lots of tv series too many to mention.
went to Nottingham nationals came 3rd but walked around in the sun on large campus.
Tried full eye black contact lenses for first time.

Plus so many other injury related stuff and other bits that I can't recall right now, due to the amount of pain killers I'm on, but you get the idea.

Why am I on painkillers I hear you ask? Well had my toes operated on to stop the pain I had when I took a step. I've had the two knuckle bones taken out of my two middle toes and the nail removed from my little toe.




Also before this operation I thought I would show you me walking without a stick.
Yes i'm a bit limpy because of the blister I still have on my thigh (see last post.)



So just waiting for my date for my neuroma operation next so will let you know how I get on.
Keep plodding on peeps. x



No comments:

Post a Comment