Thursday 16 August 2012

Nose to the grind stone


I wanted to get my life back to as normal as possible, and this meant returning to work.
I returned on Wednesday 8th August, 3 months after having my accident.

As I work for a patient transport company it wasn’t a problem being collected and taken in.
There was a buzz of people around me, and my first day back mainly consisted of telling my story for the hundredth time, and reassuring people that I was okay and doing fine.

Even though I had been given shorter hours it was still mentally exhausting and I soon began to get tired.

I have been very fortunate working for Bradford Council in that they have been very accommodating with my adjustments. Even going as far as building me a ramp to get into the office, and fitting bars and an emergency cord in the toilets. I tried to keep the mood light and stated that the only time I would pull that would be if I ran out of toilet roll!

You do find that people will stare; you probably did when you were able bodied. It’s just a natural curious human reaction. They want to ask 'how did that happen.' but daren't, however get used to small children asking you all sorts of questions.
 
My 1st day back from work

No comments:

Post a Comment